- 839 Greene Street
- Ann Arbor, MI 48104-3209
Michigan Publishing is the hub of scholarly publishing at the University of Michigan, and is a part of its dynamic and innovative University Library. They publish scholarly and educational materials in a range of formats for wide dissemination and permanent preservation, provide publishing services to the University of Michigan community and beyond, and advocate for the broadest possible access to scholarship everywhere.
Primary activities include:
- Publishing monographs in print and electronic forms
- Hosting and publishing journals, with an emphasis on online, open access formats
- Developing new digital publishing models with the potential to become community portals for wider knowledge sharing
- Creating permanent, accessible versions of faculty publications and related materials
- Publishing and copyright consultation and education
- Rights advocacy for University of Michigan authors
- Reissuing materials from our collections and our faculty in new forms (reprints, electronic editions)
Publication, whatever form it takes, is critical to the infrastructure of scholarship. Michigan Publishing seeks to create innovative, sustainable structures for the broad dissemination and enduring preservation of the scholarly conversation. To achieve this, they offer expert advice and support and provide advanced content platforms that are as broadly accessible as possible. All of our services are directed at one overarching goal: to ensure that the benefits of scholarship accrue to everyone.