Saginaw Forest is a nearly 80-acre parcel of land comprising roughly 55 acres of plantations, lakes, and wetlands. The property, a gift to the U-M in 1903 by timberman and U-M regent Arthur Hill and his wife, Louise, of Saginaw, is used for forestry operations, research, and instruction. The gift of Saginaw Forest coincided with the inaugural year of U-M’s School of Natural Resources. Planting continued up until 1937, resulting in a total of 55 acres of forest plantings of several tree species, both native and exotic. The forest is located on the western side of Ann Arbor, on Liberty Street.