Intended for established visiting artists and residency programs, these grants aim to increase capacity and expand engagement on campus. Requests must include justification for how the grants will improve the program, reach a broader audience, and/or deepen engagement with students. This support will help define best practices for campus-wide engagement for visiting artists, and facilitate cross campus collaboration for units that currently lack adequate resources and capacity.
Visiting Artist Support Grants can support:
- Extending the stay of an artist to deepen campus engagement
- Supplies and materials for art-making
- Technology, video, documentation, and streaming support to reach broader audiences
- Student interns to work with the artist or support program implementation
- Increasing staff administrative capacity of the unit to facilitate the program
- Receptions, meals, and meetings to build community and enrich learning
- Application Deadline: March 11, 2024 - for Fall 2024 through Winter 2025 residencies. Selected applicants will be contacted by the week of April 1, 2024.