The U-M Arts Initiative launched this cyclical semester-long visiting artist program to integrate the creative vision and dynamic thinking of artists into our process of engagement and learning. Through the Visiting Artist Integration Project (VAIP), the Arts Initiative funds stipends, travel, and supplies for artists to work with a U-M school, college, or unit. Up to 3 VAIP residencies will continue to take place annually.
Arts Initiative has launched an open application for units to apply for VAIP funds. The Arts Initiative will support artist visits for semester-length residencies during Winter Semester 2024. Any unit can apply to launch a new VAIP residency.
Past recipients include: Winter 2023 | Taubman College TVLab | Gibson/Martelli
VAIP support may include (but is not limited to):
- Artist honoraria
- Assistance with calls-for-artists and application processes
- Co-developing visiting artist itineraries
- Co-developing integration of an artist’s practice within the unit
- Additional funding for staffing
- A call for submissions for new Fall 2024 residency programs is now open with an application deadline of November 6, 2023. Selected applicants will be contacted by December 1, 2023.