- Gifts of Art, NI-5E06, NIB
- 300 North Ingalls
- Ann Arbor, MI 48109-5470
The Life Sciences Orchestra (LSO) is the symphonic orchestra for members of the life sciences community at the University of Michigan.
The LSO is a program of Gifts of Art, which brings the world of art and music to the University of Michigan Health System. Founded in 2000, the LSO plays two concerts a year at Hill Auditorium, drawing more than 2,000 community members and friends and family of the extended University of Michigan life sciences community.
The LSO is open to members of the following areas of the university:
- U-M Health System (including the Medical School, Hospitals & Health Centers, and Shared Services)
- Department of Biomedical Engineering (College of Engineering/Medical School)
- School of Dentistry
- School of Kinesiology
- Life Sciences Institute
- College of Literature, Science & the Arts (some departments)
- School of Natural Resources & Environment
- School of Nursing
- College of Pharmacy
- School of Public Health
- Rackham School of Graduate Studies (life sciences programs)
- School of Social Work
- U-M Dearborn (life science and health professions units)
- U-M Flint (life science and health professions units)
Photo caption: David J. Brown, M.D., one of the founding members of the LSO; photograph by Bernhard Muller.